Detroit Philanthropy can help you increase your fundraising revenue by conducting a formal Development Audit, which will assess current and past fundraising strategies and tactics, marketing and PR efforts, board engagement, stakeholder perceptions, and internal fundraising operations.
With a goal of creating a sustainable, annual fundraising program, Detroit Philanthropy will:
- Analyze overall donor data related to active and lapsed donors
- Evaluate cultivation and solicitation strategies related to individuals, foundations and corporations
- Assess fundraising events to determine event ROI and overall effectiveness in meeting organizational goals
- Assess non-event solicitation campaigns (appeal letters, grants, corporate sponsorships, etc) to determine effectiveness
- Evaluate marketing materials and donor messaging associated with newsletter, website, social media and other donor communications
- Meet with board members to garner their feedback regarding challenges and opportunities related to fundraising efforts and discuss fundraising priorities
- Conduct a Board Member Assessment Survey
- Interview key stakeholders regarding fundraising needs and opportunities
- Assess current staff roles and responsibilities related to fundraising
- Review fundraising procedures and practices related to gift processing and donor management
After reviewing and analyzing the above information, Detroit Philanthropy develops recommendations that would provide the basis for developing a comprehensive fundraising program focused on long-term stability and growth. Specially, the report would provide recommendations regarding:
- Strategies and techniques for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Board engagement, recruitment, retention and structure
- Donor messaging and marketing materials
- Internal fundraising operations (policies, procedures, staffing)
For more information, download our Development Audit flyer here.
Read our latest case study: By working with Detroit Philanthropy to conduct a Fund Development Audit, the Student Advocacy Center was able to secure $50,000 in grant funding to increase organizational capacity.
Contact us today to learn more about our proven process that can help you maximize your resources and reach your goals!