Whether you are looking to start a private family foundation or already have a foundation/trust in place, services can be tailored to best meet your philanthropic goals and desired level of engagement.
- Collaborate with key parties to develop a mission statement, philanthropic intent and/or guiding principles
- Develop a tailored grant-making program including proposal requirements and guidelines for submission
- Review all requests for funding to ensure mission alignment, organizational effectiveness, project impact and social return on investment (SROI)
- Collaborate with the nonprofit recipient(s) to identify current areas of impact and/or potential new programming that will fulfill your intent while also serving as a benefit for the organization and its clients. If you do not have a specific nonprofit in mind for the project, Detroit Philanthropy will conduct research and interview possible impact partners.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the nonprofit in order to keep donations anonymous or simply relieve your of the necessary actions and various communications
- Review nonprofit financial statements and other key determinants of viability and effectiveness, and conduct site visits to assess for Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Draft and execute pledge schedules and gift agreements as needed
- Ensure recipients provide you with regular progress reports and impact statements
- Facilitate as much or as little gift recognition as you would prefer
- Coordinate with the foundation's investment institution to monitor foundation assets and ensure they are in accordance with long-term philanthropic goals
- Coordinate board meetings, assemble necessary documents and take meeting minutes
- Provide guidance on developing engagement for multi-generation family foundations
- Assist with website development, social media accounts, and public relations activities intended to generate awareness and grow the foundation's brand
- If the foundation also seeks to raise outside funding, fundraising events can be developed and executed. This would include venue logistics, event promotion, ticket sales and sponsorship development and fulfillment.
All services will be tailored to meet your unique needs and may include small consultations, development of various work products, nonprofit assessments, or full oversight/management of your philanthropic efforts. Hourly fees, per project rates, and monthly retainer agreements are available.