If you're an individual looking to be more strategic and intentional about your philanthropy, we can develop a plan to best meet your charitable goals whether it's a one-time gift or a long-term plan.
- Develop a personal, philanthropic intent statement to drive thoughtful engagement in a social cause or specific nonprofit organization you care about
- Collaborate with the nonprofit recipient(s) to identify current areas of impact and/or potential new programming that will fulfill your intent while also serving as a benefit for the organization and its clients. If you do not have a specific nonprofit in mind for the project, Detroit Philanthropy will conduct research and interview possible impact partners.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the nonprofit in order to keep donations anonymous or simply relieve your of the necessary actions and various communications
- Review nonprofit financial statements and other key determinants of viability and effectiveness, and conduct site visits to assess for Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Draft and execute pledge schedules and gift agreements as needed
- Ensure recipients provide you with regular progress reports and impact statements
- Facilitate as much or as little gift recognition as you would prefer
- Provide guidance on using philanthropy to grow your personal brand
All services will be tailored to meet your unique needs and may include small consultations, development of various work products, nonprofit assessments, or full oversight/management of your philanthropic efforts. Hourly fees, per project rates, and monthly retainer agreements are available.