A career in fundraising can oftentimes feel like a solo act; especially if you work for a small nonprofit. But it doesn’t have to be!
Detroit Philanthropy offers affordable, private coaching services that allow development professionals an opportunity to garner advice, safely discuss challenges, brainstorm new ideas, solve problems, and learn new strategies and tactics.
Prior to founding Detroit Philanthropy our President, Rachel Decker, spent nearly two decades in the nonprofit sector serving in various leadership capacities responsible for fundraising and marketing. Through one-on-one coaching, you can benefit from her wide range of experience.
One-time Coaching Session
You bring the ideas, challenges, or goals and we’ll provide expert advice on how to work through the situation and achieve maximum results.
- 2 hours of professional coaching including: initial 90-minute in-person* discussion focused on your topics of interest plus a 30-minute follow-up call to answer questions, help you work through roadblocks and check on progress.
- Following both sessions, you will receive an email with discussion notes, action items and applicable resources.
Coaching Plus Document Review
The same services as the One-Time Coaching Session plus:
- One hour of document review. Documents can include: solicitation letters, grants & proposals, stewardship reports, fundraising policies, development plans, sponsorship packages, marketing materials (brochures, annual reports, website text) and other fundraising documents.
- Suggestions related to document text, layout and overall design will be provided via email.
Extended Coaching Package
If you want to grow your overall fundraising skills or would like on-going assistance/advice regarding a more complex issue, we also offer a 6-month package.
- An initial 90-minute in-person* discussion focused on your goals
- A 6-month action plan developed by Detroit Philanthropy to help you achieve those goals
- Ten one-hour coaching sessions to help you achieve your goals and provide accountability to your action plan
*In-Person applies to metro-Detroit area only. All others will be conducted via web conference.